We are a group of Austin Fiber Artists interested in sharing our art with the Austin community and others.
Supporting the Fiber Art Community
As a 501(c)3 we strive to benefit the Austin Art Community through workshops, meetings and special events.
Monthly meetings are always held on the 3rd Wednesday of the month at Holy Cross Lutheran Church. Each Meeting starts with the Recharge Zone (a short introduction to a fiber topic or technique), show and tell, a brief business meeting followed by a presentation on on a variety of interesting topics related to fiber art. It’s also a great opportunity to mingle with other fiber artists!
The largest selection of works by Austin Artists! The fiber artists Gallery showcases an extensive selection of artwork by member artists. If you enjoy creativity, engaging fiber works then take a minute to peruse our online gallery today, and hopefully, one of our future shows.
And remember, if you’re a member you can add your own images to the gallery.
Submit two pieces for the juried show at the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport from July 23 to October 21, 2014.
- Submission must be original design, and not previously shown at AFA exhibits.
- Matt Coldwell, Exhibit Coordinator, with collaboration of the Aviation Staff, will select pieces for loan in exhibit.
- Enter by May 21, 2014.
Questions, contact Sherri McCauley sherri.L@mccauley.net or Martha Tsihlas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Juried by Lu Peters, textile artist from Dallas, Texas.
- Pieces must be original in content.
- Two dimensional pieces must be mounted on 12x12x1.5” stretched canvas.
- Three dimensional pieces must fit within a 12 inch footprint
- Wearables displayed as space permits.
- For any possible sales, a TFFA representative will direct interested buyers to the individual artist for the transaction.
- $20 entry fee for 2 pieces.
- Enter by July 7, 2014.
Questions, contact Sherri McCauley sherri.L@mccauley.net or Marge Carson email@example.com .
Fiber Art Shows and Exhibits
Consider submitting your work to the AFA Bergstrom Show or the TFFA Gallery Show.
Questions, contact Anita Mester, firstname.lastname@example.org .
My husband and I were fortunate to have the time and find the motivation to get out and spend time at the gallery. The fiber art displays were among the best works exhibited. We will definitely keep an eye on your calendar and make as many shows as we can.